Site categories / structure

Site categories / structure

Postby KeyPlayer » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:11 am

Again, looking to our members for advice - we want this site to work for you!

We currently have classified sections for 19 different Texas cities/metro areas. Each city has the following sub-categories :

- Bands Seeking Musicians
- Musicians Seeking Bands
- Collaborations
- Buy / Sell / Trade
- Services for Musicians
- Miscellaneous

To post an ad you must choose one of the sub-categories (ie - I can't post an ad in Abilene, I must first choose Abilene then choose one of the sub-categories).

Are these enough cities/metro areas? Enough sub-categories? Suggestions welcomed.

In addition to the classifieds, we also have places to advertise your website or gigs - which you could do in classifieds, but those expire. The Texas Bands forum allows advertising your band and the ad doesn't expire. Posts don't expire anywhere on the site except in Classifieds.

We also have forums for hanging out and talking with other musicians. Right now those are :
- Musicians Lounge (for musicians only)
- Party Lounge (open to all)
- Just for Fun (jokes and silliness)
Do we need any other forums here?

Last, we have the Reviews section. It includes:
- Band Reviews
- Venue Reviews
- Gear Reviews
Have we missed something?

Your input or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Feel free to post here, or you can PM me or use the Contact form here Contact Texas Musicians Forum

Thanks for your input to help make this website a useful resource for Texas musicians!
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." --Frank Zappa
KeyPlayer

6 Minutes

Return to Suggestions