Stupid Politicians

Stupid Politicians

Postby KeyPlayer » Sat May 24, 2014 10:47 am

I can quote a lot of stupid things politicians say and do, but I'll keep it to just one right now.

Democratic Rep Joe Garcia (FL) was recently in a Google hangout talking about Mexican drug cartels when he mentioned that El Paso is the safest city in the US (actually it ranks 14) and followed it up with this staggeringly stupid comment :

Of course, the reason is we’ve proved that communism works. If you give everybody a good government job, there is no crime.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05 ... planation/

Hey dumbass... if you give everyone a gov't job, who is going to pay their salaries?

Also - communism works? Really? Show me a place where that holds true.

And by the way... the most likely reason that El Paso doesn't have a higher crime rate is because gun ownership by honest citizens is high, which tends to deter crime, despite what the gun-controllers try to tell you. (Just look at DC - gun ownership is illegal, yet it has the highest violent crime rate in the country)
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." --Frank Zappa
KeyPlayer

6 Minutes

Re: Stupid Politicians

Postby bodisattva » Sat May 31, 2014 7:59 am

Isn't the phrase "stupid politician" redundant? LOL
bodisattva

Music Lover

Return to Anything Goes