Hello from Deep East Texas Area.

Hello from Deep East Texas Area.

Postby doorslammer750 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:55 pm

My name is Ken but I'm known as "KT" to everyone in the music business. I play bass and sing and have played in so many bands over the years, I probably can't remember all of them. I live in Lufkin, in far East Texas. Although there are no major cities in Deep East Texas, there are plenty of places to play in Lufkin, Nacogdoches, Livingston and the Lake Livingston area. I am a life long musician, played my first paying job at fourteen. I am retired from my day job and would like to play more than I have been. I prefer playing Blues and Old Time Soul, but I also do Classic Rock and Country. It would be nice if there was a listing for the Deep East Texas Area in the regional listings.
doorslammer750

Re: Hello from Deep East Texas Area.

Postby KeyPlayer » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:55 pm

Hi Ken and welcome to the site!!

I just cross-posted your ad to FB and Twitter, so I hope something happens for you!

I know Longview/Tyler isn't very close, so you might consider adding "Lufkin" to the ad's subject line. I do plan to add a few more cities / areas as the site grows, but meanwhile, google doesn't like it when we have tons of empty categories, so I did the best I could to cover this huge state with as few categories as possible for now. We're growing though, so hopefully it won't be long!

Once again, welcome aboard, and please don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything!
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." --Frank Zappa
KeyPlayer

6 Minutes

Re: Hello from Deep East Texas Area.

Postby davidself1001 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:45 pm

Good luck to you doorslammer750. I grew up in east text (Paris) and played in bands there growing up. You might look there for possible opportunities. Last i checked there was still a decent music scene there.
Retired last year from 40+ year band - The Travis Brothers
Bass (4 string G&L, 5 string Ibanez) and Acoustic guitar (Taylor, Alvarez)
davidself1001

Return to Musicians Lounge