Day of One New Album

Day of One New Album

Postby DayOfOne_Robert » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:20 pm

We would appreciate any feedback on our new album, Cipher. You can listen to the entire album along with our first album, Decisions, at
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/dayofone

Just a little background info.
Day of One consists of only two members, Robert M. Duvall and Don E. Russell. We work out of my home studio in Cooper, TX and everything was tracked and mastered in house. We don't focus on a particular genre and try to let the songs go where they want to go. You will hear elements of Sabbath, Metallica, Alice in Chains, Zeppelin, STP, etc. Even though we continue to look for a talented singer, the lack of musicians in the local area has forced me to handle the singing duties on both our albums; along with drums, bass, rhythm guitars and engineering duties. Don handles the lead and rhythm guitar duties along with string arrangements and backing vocals. Currently we remain a recording project but would like to expand to playing shows if other qualified musicians are located.

Thanks for listening,
Robert
DayOfOne_Robert

Re: Day of One New Album

Postby KeyPlayer » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:06 pm

Hey Robert,

I had to google Cooper to see where you are... man that sux. When you're that far away from everything, finding decent musicians is a bitch!!

I had a quick listen to each song before cross-posting this to facebook, so here's my thoughts...

I REALLY LIKED For $ale and Flood. Nice jams!

Most of the others were pretty good too, but a few didn't suit my tastes (Weight and The Plan didn't get 5 seconds of listen time - sorry but not my thing!)

And since you brought up vocals, I thought the vocals worked very well on some songs (like Flood) and weren't bad on the rest. None of the vocals were terrible (and I've heard terrible vocals lol) A new vocalist might help, but I would suggest you just "sing to your strengths" - ie, find the songs you do well, then find more like those. Even the absolute best pro singers don't sing everything well.

Sorry this is a lame review, but I'm short on time and thought something is better than nothing. Plus maybe this will prompt someone else to give a more thorough review.

Best of luck to you!!
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." --Frank Zappa
KeyPlayer

6 Minutes

Re: Day of One New Album

Postby DayOfOne_Robert » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Yes my location sucks, Cooper is just close enough to DFW to gig but far enough away to not attact musicians. If anyone is interested I also have some free download cards for the album as well.
DayOfOne_Robert

Return to Band Reviews