Daylight Savings Time Change - Funny but Sadly True

Daylight Savings Time Change - Funny but Sadly True

Postby KeyPlayer » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:55 pm

At least the change tonight is the one that doesn't totally screw me over... in the spring when we lose an hour it takes me weeks to recover...

DST.jpg
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." --Frank Zappa
KeyPlayer

6 Minutes

Re: Daylight Savings Time Change - Funny but Sadly True

Postby drumdude » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:05 am

Glad this happens AT 2:00 AM, if it happened at 1:00 AM, club owners would expect bands to play an extra hour for free...
drumdude

Music Lover

Postby KeyPlayer » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:05 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if a few didn't try it anyway. If so, I hope the band told 'em where to stick it.

PS - All board members, if you had DST turned on you will need to turn it off to set your time right again (yeah, it's not automatic - sorry)

Go to User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Summer Time/DST is in effect > change to No
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." --Frank Zappa
KeyPlayer

6 Minutes

Postby Billy Blaze » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:42 am

drumdude wrote:Glad this happens AT 2:00 AM, if it happened at 1:00 AM, club owners would expect bands to play an extra hour for free...

LMAO, you know I often thought about that....but have for some reason never had a gig on that night.
Connecting Musicians and Fans since 1998 : )
Billy Blaze

Mack Daddy

Postby KeyPlayer » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:16 am

I remember before they moved the date to November the "fall back" usually happened on or around Halloween. If you were at a club Halloween party this meant an extra hour of partying. Was kinda kewl.
KeyPlayer

6 Minutes

Postby Billy Blaze » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:01 am

Wait, they dont do that anymore?
Connecting Musicians and Fans since 1998 : )
Billy Blaze

Mack Daddy

Postby KeyPlayer » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:43 am

I'm sure some clubs still stay open the extra hour, it just doesn't happen on Halloween anymore...
KeyPlayer

6 Minutes

Return to Just For Fun