Seeking collaborators for hip jugband-esque blues band

You Are Viewing San Antonio Musicians Classifieds

Seeking collaborators for hip jugband-esque blues band

Postby Magnatron » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:32 pm

I am a blues harp player (primary) with a background in bari-sax, as well as various odd instruments.... Seeking collaborators to form a jug-band-esque blues based, vintage country/rockabilly band that's purposely rough around the edges. Influences: Rum Drum Ramblers (St. Louis), Tom Waits, Captain Beefheart, Old Crow Medicine Show, California Honey Drops, John Lee Hooker, Canned Heat, Hokum Clones

Recently Relocated to San Antonio from St. Louis, MO. Picked up the blues harp in Chicago back in 2004 and never looked back. Since then I've played professionally for a decade and have shared the stage with some of Chicago and St. Louis' finest including Gus Thorton (Albert Kings bass player), Greg Guy (Buddy Guys son), the late but great Alvin Jett...

I have a driving, gritty Chicago sound, described by others as one that will peel the paint off a diesel locomotive... I play with passion. Playing the blues is my zen. I know you are out there!

(I also play a mean 30 gallon trashcan bass)
Magnatron

Re: Seeking collaborators for hip jugband-esque blues band

Postby ragtimeplayer » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:44 am

Timothy Northen plays by note. Go to a music store and purchase the Piano Music. Tim has an interest in Blues Music. Tim studied Piano for one hour including Theory for 30 minutes since 7 years old to 18 yrs. Then got a Certificate Enter any Music Conservatory in the U.S.A. Then Fall '74 to Spring '76 Music Major at San Antonio College, Texas. Then 1 semester at North Texs State University. Have played in various churches for 5 years.
In High School auditioned with the Beaumont Symphony Orchestra Grieg Piano Concerto in A Minor 1st movement. Got high marks from the Judges.
Didn't win the contest.
ragtimeplayer

Return to Collaborations